Our nation’s love for all things spanking new and man-made has all but wiped out much of its retro landscape and motoring scene. Thanks to a handful of hardcore vintage lovers from Singapore and Malaysia, we are able to appreciate these classics at the Motoring Heritage Day 2012 event at the old Tanjong Pagar Railway Station this weekend on 8 & 9 Sept 2012.
Even though touted as an event by NHB, the only scraps of information I could find online is from a post on MSVCR’s website and Kombi Rock’s Facebook page, which surfaced only a few days ago. Makes me wonder if the classic motor scene will ever flourish with the heritage board seemingly most enthusiastic about ‘Good morning’ towels and ‘Chapalang’ collaboration merchandise with local designers instead of focusing on the subject itself.
Anyway, the highlights of the two-day event are:
- Over 50 MSVCR Cars & Bikes
- Hawker Style Food and Beverage Stalls
- Game Stalls – Photography exhibition/Video documentary on Malayan Railway
- Video screening of Singapore GP in the ’60’s
- Free souvenir for the first 200 (We’ll be there, will you?)
- Free Organised Tours of the Railway Station – Rail Corridor Exhibition by URA
And most importantly, it’s open to the public and it’s FREE!
|Via Kombi Rock’s Facebook page|